1. Select “Income” from the the main navigation, then select “Deposits”.
2. Click into the Create Deposit section.
3. If you do not see any payments to deposit, see the story titled How to apply a customer payment to an invoice
4. First, from the dropdown select the checkbook you will be depositing the customer payments into.
5. Select the deposit date.
6. Click the checkbox for the customer payment creating the bank deposit.
7. If the deposit needs to be reduced, enter the reduction amount, and the reduction account to apply the debit to.
8. When ready to take to the bank and post to your checkbook, click “Save Deposit”.
NOTE: This example sometimes occurs if the business owner is depositing cash and removes some cash for the purchase of office supplies. In the case above, the applied payment to John Smith’s invoice was for $650, however $50 was removed for office supplies. Resulting in a $600 deposit into the checkbook.