When printing checks, individually or in a batch, three scenarios can occur:
- The check prints cleanly and is ok to disburse.
- The check prints on blank paper (or not at all) and the check stock is still ok to reprint, creating an error.
- The check prints in a destructive manner, meaning the check stock is no longer usable, creating a voided check.
During the print review process, you must assign the outcome to each check individually.
- If the check is OK to send (Type 1), do not select any box.
- If the check stock is still OK to print on and you want to reprint that check (Type 2), select the “Error” checkbox.
- If the check stock is unusable you can post a voided check to your checkbook (Type 3), by selecting the “Void” checkbox. (Selecting the "Void" checkbox will automatically select the "Error" checkbox)