1. Select “Lists” from the the main navigation, then select “Sales Items”.
2. Click into the “Add Sales Item” section.
3. Provide a Sales Item ID and complete the appropriate fields of information. You may also click “Add Photo” to upload a photo.
4. Sales items require an income distribution. This is the assignment of an account number that is used when making an entry into the ledger. For example, if your sales item is pencils, the income distribution may be Office Supplies Revenue.
5. Apply additional options to your sales items. These include the items sales price. Is your sales item discountable when creating an invoice? Do I charge customers sales tax for this item? Do I have to pay excise tax on this item? These are all important characteristics when setting up sales items.
6. Add Suppliers. Start by searching for a contact name from your contact list. This makes it easy when having to reorder product.
7. When complete, click “Save Sales Item”.