1. Select “Banking” from the the main navigation, then select “Checkbook”.
2. Select the appropriate checkbook where you will create the check.
3. Select ‘Checks’ across the tab section at the top the posting screen.
4. Enter the payee’s information. If you have setup your vendors, you may retrieve their profile via the Payee ID field. Enter the checks amount, and track whether or not the payment will be included for year-end 1099 processing.
5. Be sure to enter the payments distribution by selecting the account number, account description, and the distribution amount. For split distributions select ‘+ Additional Payment Distribution’ to add another row. Be sure your distributions total the amount of the check.
6. Select ‘Enter Check’.
7. The check will then be visible below in a table called, “Unprinted Checks”.
8. Continue to enter the checks until you have entered all of your checks to be printed.
9. Select all or individual checks to be printed in a batch. Be sure the starting check number aligns with the next check stock to be printed.
10. Once selected, click “Print”.
11. A PDF file will automatically download containing the check layout to be printed on the preprinted check.
12. Enter the paper check stock into the printer, being sure your check numbers align, and the paper check has the correct orientation for your printer. Print the PDF file onto the numbered checks stock.
13. Confirm your checks have printed properly by reviewing the printouts. Be sure all items align properly and will be cleared through the bank.
If all checks have printed correctly press “Complete Review”. All printed checks will then be posted to the checkbook.
NOTE: If you had any printing errors, please see the article How to handle check printing errors