This article is designed for ShopKeep POS users that need to import sales data into Crunched. The instructions below provide details of a sample clients import with unique account mappings.
Note: Be sure when importing your journal entries you appropriately map your revenue, liability, and asset accounts to your specific chart of accounts.
Importing sales data may be completed daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually. Determining the frequency at which you should import sales will depend on the level of insight into your business you would like to gain. While ShopKeep maintains all of your sales data, Crunched maintains all of your purchases and operating expense data. For better insight into profit margins, income trends, and cash flow analysis, it is best to import sales data on a more frequent basis, perhaps weekly or monthly.
1. Log into your ShopKeep POS back office and select "Analytics" from the left navigation, then select "Analytics Dashboard".
2. Select the date range you wish to import in the top right corner and then select, "Summary View".
The summary report will provide the best format to retrieve data and copy into your import template. Below is sample of what the summary view will look like.
3. Download the Crunched, Shopkeep journal entry import template, here.
4. Enter the data into the shopkeep import template. Remember in the template, positive numbers are debits and negative numbers are credits. Save the excel file.
Note: Be sure the account numbers match your unique chart of accounts. For assistance with postings it is best to discuss these items with your bookkeeper, accountant, or CPA.
5. Within Crunched, select "Journal Entries" from the main navigation, then select "Import". Select "Upload File", select the saved Crunched.Shopkeep import template, then select "Upload".
For details on how to import your journal entry file, click here.